An estimated 34,080 people died in motor vehicle accidents in the United States last year. Countless others were injured. Patrick R. Kelly is a lawyer who represents injured car wreck victims in Dallas, Texas and surrounding counties. Mr. Kelly has prior legal experience representing insurance companies in claims against negligent drivers. Now, he takes his skills and inside knowledge of how defense attorneys defend such cases to maximize the amount of recovery for his clients.
If you or a loved one is injured in a car wreck because of another person’s negligence, there are a few steps that are crucial to follow:
- Ensure no one needs immediate medical assistance. If so, contact 911 for help.
- Pull over the vehicle to a safe location and out of the road.
- Do not be confrontational. But ask for and obtain the at fault person’s name, drivers license information, and automobile insurance information.
- Determine if any witnesses saw the accident, and obtain the contact information of each witness. If no witnesses were present, it may be a good idea to call the police to investigate the scene and to have a accident report created.
- Immediately contact a car wreck attorney.
- Do NOT speak with the other driver’s insurance company unless and until you have spoke with your own legal counsel first.
- Obtain treatment for your injuries.
Of course, most people who have been involved in an auto accident may not have done or cannot remember all these steps. Our law office would be happy to step in at anytime to assist victims of motor vehicle accidents to ensure they are on the right track in seeking the compensation they deserve. No matter how nice or sincere an insurance adjuster may treat someone injured in a car wreck, insurance companies exist for one purpose – profit. An adjuster is encouraged to and will low ball settlements or payments to resolve claims. The more the insurance company saves on payouts the more profit it makes. Clearly, the insurance company is not on the side of the innocent driver who was injured due to the unsafe driving of its insured.
The Law Offices of Patrick R. Kelly handles numerous automobile accident cases each year. Many clients initially approach us to determine his or her options. Some are reluctant to start the process because although they may be sore, they don’t believe their injuries may justify retaining legal representation. However, medical studies show that even minor collisions can cause severe energy transfer throughout a person’s body and cause painful sprains and jarring that may require weeks of treatment. If proper medical therapy and treatment does not occur, a person may be risking long term pain and impairment in their neck, back, spine, and throughout the body. Some folks know they are injured but are worried how to pay for treatment because they may not have health insurance or are concerned about paying deductibles. Our law practice is familiar with various health providers throughout the Dallas area who can effectively treat injuries when financial concerns are present.
Do not risk being treated unfairly by an insurance company. Ensure that an effective legal advocate is on your side to protect your interests following an automobile accident. Call our office today to set up a free consultation. We handle all our injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that the client does not pay unless a favorable outcome occurs.